Retired NBA legend Scottie Pippen filed for divorce from wife Larsa Pippen of Real Housewives of Miami about three months ago. The two were married for 20 years before the announcement, which came a few days after Fort Lauderdale police responded to disturbances at their residence twice.
What caused the split? Some sources suggested infidelity on one or both party’s parts was the cause. Some sources say Scottie’s open flirtation with an actress led to Larsa acting out, while others say that Larsa’s relationship with rapper Future was far too cozy.
Larsa recently posted a Snapchat photo of a stunning 14-carat ring, a Valentine’s Day gift (from who, she would not say), sparking rumors that the two were reconciling. Now, sources close to the two have said that both missed deadlines for their divorce process and that the two are working out their problems.
Is It Worth It To Try To Make My Failing Marriage Work?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to whether a couple should bite the bullet and file for divorce, or if they should try to work it out. Consider the following if you are unsure:
- Have you sought marriage counseling? Communication can be difficult, especially when two spouses don’t see eye to eye. A counselor can help.
- Have you and your spouse isolated the real problems each of you has with your marriage?
- How well do the two of you listen to one another?
- Are you two able to compromise and find time to enjoy together?
- When you fight, is it more productive or destructive?
- Are you and your spouse able to let grudges go?
- Are you working toward the same goal?
- Are you willing to work out the issues?
Answering these questions won’t give you your answer, but it will help you make a more informed decision.
If you have any questions regarding an upcoming divorce and require legal assistance, our Denver divorce lawyers are ready to help.