Jefferson County - Morrison
Morrison Divorce Lawyer
Going through a divorce is arguably one of the most stressful and emotionally painful experiences someone might have to go through. This is especially the case if one or more minor children are caught in the middle, as difficult questions regarding child custody and child support will have to be answered.
At Divorce Matters®, our team of award-winning divorce attorneys serving Morrison, CO, would like you to know that going through your divorce is not something that you have to do alone. Divorce Matters® is a Colorado-proud family law firm that has helped thousands of individuals just like you successfully navigate the divorce process. With help from a Morrison divorce lawyer from our team, you will be able to make informed decisions and better understand your legal rights and options.
The Morrison divorce attorneys at our firm are exceptionally well-versed in the following divorce-related matters:
- Alimony / Spousal Maintenance – Depending on the length of your marriage and other factors, you could be eligible for alimony – or be ordered to pay it. Alimony, which is generally referred to as spousal maintenance in Colorado, is usually worked out through negotiation but can also be court-ordered.
- Child Custody & Support – The Morrison divorce lawyer team at Divorce Matters® can vigorously advocate on your behalf with respect to both child custody and child support. We view it as our professional duty to help our clients address these sensitive issues in a way that minimizes the effect that divorce can have on their children.
- Division of Marital Property – Most property that was either acquired or purchased during the course of a marriage has to be divided when the couple divorces. As Colorado is an “equitable distribution” state, marital property is divided equitably upon divorce but not necessarily equally. A Morrison divorce lawyer from Divorce Matters® will be able to explain how marital property could be divided in your case.
- Domestic Violence – Domestic violence is a serious issue whether it takes place in the context of divorce or not. If necessary, our team can potentially help you obtain you a restraining order.
- Mediation – Mediation is commonly used in Colorado as a way for divorcing couples to settle some, if not all, of their divorce-related issues in a relatively fast and cost-effective manner. That being said, it would be highly advantageous to have a Morrison divorce lawyer from our firm by your side during mediation at all times.
- Prenuptial Agreements – Prenuptial agreements don’t necessarily carry the stigma that they once did years ago. In fact, entering into a prenuptial agreement before marrying is, for many couples, simply sound financial planning. At Divorce Matters®, our Morrison divorce attorneys are highly skilled at both negotiating and drafting prenuptial agreements, as well as enforcing them during divorce proceedings.
Divorce Matters® has long been the family law firm of choice for divorcing men and women who want strong, yet compassionate, legal advocates who always put their clients first. Let us help you divorce with dignity and get a fresh start. We proudly serve Morrison, Colorado, and many additional locations.
More Divorce Matters Service Areas
Divorce Matters also serves the following counties and cities: