Morgan County - Fort Morgan
Fort Morgan Divorce Lawyer
Divorce Matters® is a family law firm proudly serving Fort Morgan and many other communities across Colorado. We combine expert legal advice with a caring, personable approach in helping our clients confidently navigate the divorce process and get a fresh start in life.
Choosing a Fort Morgan divorce lawyer at Divorce Matters is your first step in the right direction for you and your situation. Our attorneys have been instrumental in making our family law firm a trusted source of quality legal representation for thousands of Coloradans in Fort Morgan and beyond.
Our experienced divorce lawyers are well-versed in how to help clients with the following matters:
- Spousal Maintenance – Spousal maintenance, also known as alimony, isn’t automatically granted in a Colorado divorce case. Many complex calculations have to be made to determine whether spousal maintenance is needed. To make it easier, Divorce Matters has developed a FREE Colorado Spousal Maintenance Calculator app. Just input your information and go!
- Marital Property Division – Dividing marital property can be done either through mutual agreement or by court order. The process of dividing up property can be difficult and having an attorney to help you through it is a necessity!
- Child Custody – The Fort Morgan divorce lawyers at Divorce Matters have considerable experience handling the most difficult child custody and parental rights issues. We know how difficult it can be to go through all these issues and an attorney can make it a much easier process.
- Child Support – The state of Colorado has strict guidelines dictating how child support is distributed. Our family law firm encourages anyone wishing to know more about how child support is calculated to consider downloading the Divorce Matters Child Support Calculator App. Just input your information and get a snapshot of what you may owe or be owed!
- Prenuptial Agreements – Any couple contemplating getting married in Colorado should look into the potential benefits of signing a prenuptial agreement. While prenuptial agreements used to seem taboo, they are becoming less so and it is important to be able to protect yourself from a future divorce. A Fort Morgan divorce lawyer from Divorce Matters will be happy to speak with you regarding whether or not signing a prenuptial agreement could work for you.
- Mediation – One of the most effective tools divorcing couples have at their disposal to reach a settlement quickly and inexpensively is mediation. Mediation is legally required in Colorado dissolution of marriage cases and Divorce Matters attorneys are well-versed in representing our clients through mediation.
Schedule a Consultation
The positive testimonials that we have received from past clients are a testament to our unwavering commitment to providing quality legal services to our clients. If you live in the Fort Morgan area and would like to begin exploring your legal options, fill out a form to schedule an initial consultation with us!
More Divorce Matters Service Areas
Divorce Matters also serves the following counties and cities: