Jefferson County - Wheat Ridge
Wheat Ridge Divorce Lawyer
Ending a marriage or civil union in Colorado through divorce can be a stressful and emotional process, especially when children are involved. There is, however, a silver lining to most divorces and that is ending a bad or unworkable marriage generally is in the best long-term interest of all the parties involved. After the dust settles and emotions subside, many former spouses look back on their decision to end their marriage and conclude that it was the right course of action.
Divorce Matters® is a Colorado family law firm serving Wheat Ridge and many additional locations in the Metro Area and up and down the Front Range. The Wheat Ridge divorce attorneys on our team have successfully helped over 1,000 clients end their marriages with dignity and lay the foundation for a fresh start in life. Every divorce lawyer at Divorce Matters® is well-versed in all Colorado state laws that apply to dissolution of marriage cases and excels at providing advice and guidance throughout all stages of the divorce process.
Experienced Divorce Attorneys Serving Wheat Ridge, CO
Our divorce attorneys serving Wheat Ridge, CO, are highly skilled at resolving the following issues that are commonly a part of divorce proceedings:
- Alimony ( Spousal Maintenance) – Courts in Colorado generally refer to alimony as spousal maintenance. It is financial support paid by one ex-spouse to the other following the termination of their marriage. The purpose of spousal maintenance is to support the financially dependent spouse until he or she is able to independently earn a sufficient living.
- Child Custody – Going through a divorce with one or more minor children involved necessarily raises the delicate issue of child custody. The Wheat Ridge divorce lawyer that you hire from Divorce Matters® can aggressively advocate on your behalf with respect to this important matter.
- Child Support – In Colorado, child support is calculated so that every child of divorced or unwed parents receives the financial support of both of parents. Our divorce lawyers serving Wheat Ridge are highly skilled at negotiating child support agreements that conform to state law requirements.
- Division of Assets – When a married couple in Colorado divorces, their “marital property” must be divided equitably but not necessarily equally. A divorce lawyer from Divorce Matters® will be happy to explain how the division of assets generally works in Colorado dissolution of marriage cases.
- Domestic Violence – Domestic violence is a serious matter that can be addressed through legal intervention – such as by obtaining either a temporary or permanent restraining order. Divorce Matters® can potentially help you escape domestic violence by pursuing either option in court.
- Mediation – Many divorcing couples use mediation as a way to settle most, if not all, of their issues in a cost-effective fashion. Our attorneys can explain how mediation can play a positive role in your divorce case.
- Prenuptial Agreements – Whether you need help negotiating and drafting a prenuptial agreement, or wish to have one enforced in divorce proceedings, our divorce lawyers serving Wheat Ridge, CO, are available to help you.
Going through a divorce is never easy, but much of the anxiety and uncertainty associated with the process can be eliminated by putting your case in the skilled hands of a divorce lawyer from Divorce Matters®. We look forward to explaining our services to you in more detail and showing you why Divorce Matters® has been the family law firm of choice for thousands of divorcing men and women throughout Colorado.
More Divorce Matters Service Areas
Divorce Matters also serves the following counties and cities: