Elbert County - Kiowa
Kiowa Divorce Lawyer
A marriage can end in divorce for many different reasons. However, regardless of what causes a marriage to falter there is one thing that almost all divorces have in common and that is the inherent stress and uncertainty of trying to navigate the process.
Fortunately, there is help – from Divorce Matters®. We are an award-wining family law firm proudly serving Kiowa, CO, and many additional communities in the Denver Metro Area and along the Front Range. With help from an experienced Kiowa divorce lawyer on our team you will receive expert guidance at every stage of the divorce process, coupled with aggressive representation both inside and outside the courtroom.
The Kiowa divorce attorneys at Divorce Matters® are well-versed in the following practice areas:
- Marital Property Division – Colorado law requires marital property to be divided equitably, which does not necessarily mean equally. If a divorcing couple isn’t able to agree on how to divide their property on their own, a court may have to intervene and divide it for them pursuant to equitable distribution principles.
- Child Support – When parents divorce in this state, in most cases their child support obligations are determined by the Child Support Guidelines found at Col. Rev. Stat. § 14-10-115.
- Child Custody – If you have one or more minor children, the Kiowa divorce lawyer that you hire from Divorce Matters® will vigorously advocate on your behalf regarding all aspects of child custody. Colorado family law courts generally look to the best interests of the child when making child custody determinations.
- Alimony – Also called spousal maintenance – may or may not be awarded in your divorce case. If it is, the amount and duration of alimony will largely depend on the length of the marriage, the age and health of the parties, and other relevant factors.
- Mediation – One of our highly talented divorce lawyers serving Kiowa, CO, can represent you during divorce mediation. Mediation is a form of dispute resolution that most divorces have to go through before going to court. We will be pleased to explain the benefits of mediation to you in more detail.
- Domestic Violence – The team at Divorce Matters® takes domestic violence very seriously. Depending on the circumstances, we can potentially help you obtain a restraining order, either temporary or permanent in duration.
- Prenuptial Agreements – Prenuptial agreements are far more common today than in years past. Let one of our Kiowa divorce lawyers help you determine whether or not a prenuptial agreement is right for you.
Divorce Matters® has a proud history of helping thousands of men and women divorce with dignity and get a fresh start in life. Each Kiowa divorce lawyer on our team understands the intricacies of Colorado state law applicable to divorce proceedings. We look forward to speaking with you in person about the specifics of your case and explaining why Divorce Matters® has been the family law firm of choice for so many people in Colorado.
More Divorce Matters Service Areas
Divorce Matters also serves the following counties and cities: