Douglas County - Lone Tree
Lone Tree Divorce Lawyer
Divorce can be one of the most difficult experiences to have to go through. In addition to all the swirling emotions, there is a lot of uncertainty over how the process works and whether you are making the right decisions.
Fortunately, there is help – from the divorce attorneys at Divorce Matters®. Our award-winning family law firm proudly serves Lone Tree, CO, and many other communities up and down the Front Range. We represent men and women who desire to have professional legal representation at all stages of the divorce process. Every Lone Tree divorce lawyer at Divorce Matters® is a strong yet also compassionate advocate who strives to help each client divorce with dignity and get a fresh start in life.
Our experienced divorce attorneys provide guidance and representation with respect to the following:
- Division of Marital Property – When a married couple divorces in Colorado, the law requires that their marital property be divided equitably – but not necessarily 50-50. The definition of “marital property” can be found at Colo. Rev. Stat. § 14-10-113.
- Alimony (Spousal Maintenance) – In Colorado, the formal legal term for alimony is spousal maintenance. The two most important factors when it comes to calculating spousal maintenance, or whether it will be paid at all, are the length of the marriage and the incomes of the parties.
- Child Custody – As the divorce attorneys at our firm serving Lone Tree well know, child custody can be one of the most challenging aspects of ending a marriage. The “best interests of the child” standard is what courts use when making child custody determinations in this state.
- Child Support – A minor child of unmarried parents has a legal right to the financial resources of both of them. A Lone Tree divorce lawyer from Divorce Matters® will be pleased to explain how child support would likely be calculated in your specific case.
- Mediation – Reaching a marital settlement agreement through mediation can be a highly cost-effective alternative to preparing for and attending multiple court hearings. A Lone Tree divorce lawyer from Divorce Matters® will be pleased to discuss the many benefits of mediation with you.
- Prenuptial Agreements – Entering into a prenuptial agreement prior to marriage can greatly simply the divorce process should the marriage break down. The divorce attorneys at our firm are highly skilled at drafting, negotiating, and enforcing prenuptial agreements in Colorado.
- Domestic Violence – If you are the victim of domestic violence, and regardless of whether you are currently married to your abuser, we strongly encourage you to speak with a divorce lawyer at our firm about seeking a civil protection order.
The Divorce Matters® Difference
Hiring a Lone Tree divorce lawyer from Divorce Matters® is a decision that your future self will be thankful for. With many years of experience and a genuine passion for helping people, our divorce attorneys come to work each day fully committed to helping their clients lay the foundation for a brighter future. We look forward to speaking with you about your divorce case in person and explaining how we might be able to help you moving forward.
More Divorce Matters Service Areas
Divorce Matters also serves the following counties and cities: