Weld County - Greeley
Greeley Divorce Lawyer
Going through a divorce can be one of the most traumatizing and uncertain periods in a person’s life. Bringing a once-happy marriage to an end can be particularly challenging if there are children caught in the middle. Divorce is hard just about any way you slice it and the emotional wounds can take months, if not years, to heal.
Divorce Matters® – a family law firm serving Greeley and all of Weld County – has helped thousands of Coloradans divorce with dignity and get a fresh start in life. You need a Greeley divorce lawyer from our firm, all of whom are highly dedicated legal advocates who are experienced at helping their clients navigate the divorce process.
The services that our award-winning divorce attorneys provide to divorcing men and women generally fall into the following categories:
- Spousal Maintenance – The term for alimony in Colorado – is typically awarded in divorce cases in which one spouse will require financial support after the marriage is over. A Greeley divorce lawyer from Divorce Matters® can help you explore your options with respect to spousal maintenance.
- Child Custody – The Divorce Matters® team has a long track record of successfully handling child custody and parental rights matters. It has always been our prerogative to address these delicate issues in a way that minimizes the effects that divorce can have on children.
- Child Support – Every minor child in Colorado has a right to the financial resources of both their parents – whether they’re married or not. When parents divorce, child support is calculated pursuant to strict guidelines found at Colo. Rev. Stat. § 14-10-115.
- Division of Marital Property – Dividing marital property in the event of divorce is generally a two-step process. First, it must be determined what the marital property is. Second, the marital property must then be divided equitably, which doesn’t necessarily mean divided equally.
- Domestic Violence – The Greeley divorce attorneys at our firm have handled many cases involving domestic violence. If you’re a victim, a divorce lawyer from Divorce Matters® can potentially help you seek protection by obtaining a restraining order.
- Mediation – Many aspects of a divorce can be resolved relatively inexpensively through mediation. At Divorce Matters®, we make every effort to help our clients take advantage of the mediation process, which is legally mandated in most dissolution of marriage cases.
- Prenuptial Agreements – Our divorce attorneys serving Greeley, CO, are well-versed in how to draft and negotiate prenuptial agreements. These types of agreements are relatively common in this day and age and can be highly effective at reducing the stress and expense of divorce – should that ever come to pass.
Divorce Matters® – Where Clients Come First
Ending a marriage through a divorce can be a complex process that is full of uncertainty. Divorce Matters® is a Colorado-proud family law firm that has a long history of helping people address the various challenges that going through a divorce can pose. Let an experienced Greeley divorce lawyer assist you during this difficult time. In addition to serving Greeley and all of Weld County, our divorce attorneys are currently accepting clients from up and down the Front Range and across Colorado.
Call Divorce Matters® today at (720) 542-6142 to schedule an appointment with an attorney.
More Divorce Matters Service Areas
Divorce Matters also serves the following counties and cities: