Browse Divorce Matters® Careers.
At Divorce Matters®, we are dedicated to protecting our clients’ best interests and providing stellar legal services throughout the state of Colorado. Please browse our available positions below.
What Makes us different
Come be a part of our team
At Divorce Matters® our firm believes in taking care of our employees with the same care that we take with our clients. Our company supports our employees on both a professional and personal level by providing opportunities for career growth so our employees know they are valued and are given the tools they need to be their best; comprehensive health benefits so that our employees never have to compromise their or their families’ well-being; retirement options that allow our employees to prepare for their future; and a healthy dose of fun and a work-hard/play-hard mentality so our employees remember to live in the moment and never forget to enjoy the little things.
“Doing what you like is freedom, but liking what you do is happiness.”
Mission & Values
Who we are
Our mission is to build a better future for our clients by delivering personalized legal solutions with a focus on the customer experience. Our four core values help us deliver on this promise.
- Integrity – Our clients can always count on our team to be honest and transparent throughout the entire process.
- Tenacity – We are passionate about whole-heartedly serving our clients and guiding them toward the best possible outcome.
- Compassion – Our compassion for our clients delivers a more personalized approach which in turn makes our clients feel more seen, heard and known.
- Excellence – Our team’s commitment to legal excellence is backed by over 90 years of combined legal experience.
Giving back to our community
At Divorce Matters® it is important to us that we support and invest back into our local community. Beyond sponsoring scholarships for recent graduates, we also donate to several non-profits in our Colorado community throughout the year, including Knights of Heroes, Maria Droste Counseling, and the Denver Rescue Mission.
Divorce Matters is a rapidly growing Family Law Firm with multiple locations throughout Colorado. Because of our ongoing growth, we are looking for the right attorneys to join our amazing team.
Being a Divorce Matters Attorney means you innately represent your clients with empathy, excellence, integrity, and tenacity. Your passion for providing excellent client service is a daily driving force that motivates you to serve something greater than yourself. You are dedicated to changing the practice of family law by serving humanity through your client centered practice. Clients lives are changed for the better having worked with you, and you look forward to the opportunity to continue this cycle with many other clients in the days and years to come.
Family Law can be hard. However, here at Divorce Matters we have a team of dedicated professionals, with the same client centered approach. When you have a team that is aligned in working toward the same client-centered goals, the load is lightened, and significant positive impact is made in the world. If you want to be a part of this impact, we want to hear from you!
While we work hard, we always remember to have some fun along the way. Our employees enjoy a robust benefits package, and culture that awards performance, and dedication.
Our Firm may not be for everyone, and that is okay. However, we are an amazing law firm for individuals who crave personal and professional growth, who are passionate about a client centered approach, and who want to make a positive impact.
Integrity, compassion, tenacity and excellence, does this sound like you? Please submit your cover letter and resume. We cannot wait to continue the conversation!
Salary: Base + Revenue Share with potential to earn
$70,000-$180,000 total compensation
- Matching 401k with Roth and Traditional options
- 100% Premiums covered for employee only for Firm Standard Medical, Dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance Plans
- Voluntary Vision Plan
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Remote Work Options
- Paid Time Off
Thomas, Ahnell, Laraway & Smith, LLC (D.B.A. Divorce Matters) is a rapidly growing Law Firm located in Greenwood Village, Colorado. Our Firm handles several types of cases including Domestic/Family Law, Criminal Defense, Worker’s Compensation, General Civil Litigation, and Appeals. We value and reward initiative and hard work, and strive to deliver the best possible experience for our clients.
Our Firm is currently seeking a Family Law Paralegal with at least 1-2 years of experience in Family Law. We offer competitive salary and benefits and employ some of Denver’s best top-rated attorneys. We foster and encourage a positive and collaborative culture and strongly believe there is significant value in finding the perfect work/life balance. Our office is filled with energetic, hardworking & teamwork-oriented individuals.
Our ideal candidate for this position has at least 1-2 years of experience in Family Law, is comfortable in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, has handled a significant caseload, is detail oriented and organized, is familiar with deadlines and processes related to family law, is computer savvy, is able to work individually and as part of a team, and above all, shares our goal of delivering the best possible client service.
Some Duties / Responsibilities Include:
- Docketing Case Deadlines
- Managing Attorney’s Calendar
- Setting Mediation and Hearings
- Drafting and E-Filing Pleadings
- Drafting Correspondence
- Communicating with Clients, Opposing Counsel, and Court Clerks
- Preparing, Reviewing, and Analyzing Financial Disclosures and Discovery Requests/Responses
- Hearing Preparation
Our Preferred Candidate Will Have The Following Skills:
- Ability to Effectively Communicate with Clients and Co-Workers
- Strong Understanding of Applicable Rules and Statutes
- Exceptional Legal Writing Skills
- Ability to Manage Large Caseload and Multiple Attorneys
- Strong Familiarity with Worldox (or other document management database), TABS (or other timekeeping system), Outlook, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to Thrive in a Paperless Environment
- Superb Client Service
- Ability to Work Independently and as a Team
- At least 1-2 Years of Experience in Family Law Cases
We offer a competitive salary. Our benefits package includes:
- 100% Employer paid insurance premiums for employees Firm Standard Medical, Dental plans
- 100% Employer paid insurance premiums for employees Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Voluntary Vision
- Matching 401k
- Paid Time Off
- Comp Time
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Bonus Program
- Additional Perks (For Example- Fun firm Outings & Catered Lunches, Holiday Parties etc.)
We look forward to hearing from you!