Douglas County - Parker
Parker Divorce Lawyer
Divorce can be difficult – no question about it. It can be especially hard if minor children are involved and the divorcing parents are not able to amicably work out their differences. Bringing a marriage to an end can be an emotionally fraught time as it introduces a lot of uncertainty over each family member’s personal future.
The Parker divorce attorneys at Divorce Matters® fully empathize with the challenges our clients face. We also recognize that each divorce case presents a unique set of facts and legal issues, requiring a creative approach coupled with a thorough understanding of Colorado family law and court procedures.
Divorce Matters® is an award-winning family law firm serving the Parker area of Colorado and many additional Front Range locations. Our team expertly handles the following divorce-related issues:
- Alimony (Maintenance) – Neither spouse in a divorce case in Colorado is automatically entitled to alimony. There are many factors that determine whether or not spousal maintenance will be awarded. Our family law attorneys will be able to help you determine what is fair in your case.
- Child Custody – The “best interests of the child” standard governs child custody determinations in Colorado. Colo. Rev. Stat. § 14-10-124. Factors include the wishes of the parents, the wishes of the child (if old enough), and the mental and physical health of the parties.
- Child Support – Child support is calculated pursuant to Colorado’s state statute and is considered a separate issue from that of child custody. A Parker divorce lawyer from Divorce Matters® can explain how child support determinations are made in more detail.
- Division of Marital Property – Marital property isn’t necessarily divided 50-50 in Colorado divorce cases. Rather, it is divided equitably (i.e., fairly) based on a list of statutorily defined factors.
- Domestic Violence – All too frequently, the Parker divorce attorneys at our firm handle cases involving domestic or relationship violence. We are fully prepared to pursue temporary or permanent restraining orders on behalf of our clients who require such protection.
- Mediation – Hiring a mediator can be a great way to expedite divorce negotiations and reduce the overall cost and stress of ending a marriage. A Parker divorce lawyer from our firm can represent you at divorce mediation should you decide to go that route.
- Prenuptial Agreements – If you are contemplating marriage in Colorado, you and your future spouse may want to consider signing a prenuptial agreement. A prenuptial agreement is a written contract that can set forth what will happen to each spouse’s assets and debts in the event of divorce or separation. The Divorce Matters® team can advise you on whether a prenuptial agreement is worth exploring in your particular situation.
The Divorce Matters® Advantage
If you are looking for divorce attorneys serving Parker who can vigorously represent your best interests at all stages of the divorce process, you have come to the right place. Divorce Matters® is an established and well-respected Colorado divorce law firm that can help you begin to lay the groundwork for a better future. We proudly serve Parker, CO, and many additional locations up and down the Front Range.
More Divorce Matters Service Areas
Divorce Matters also serves the following counties and cities: