Larimer County - Laporte
Laporte Divorce Lawyer
No married couple wants to ever consider getting a divorce. However, it is a reality many must go through. This process is much easier with the help of our divorce lawyers in Laporte who can help you separate from your partner, divide assets, and even establish custody.
Every divorce lawyer on the Divorce Matters® team is here to help you navigate this difficult process.
Laporte family law can include many different areas. At Divorce Matters® our team is able to assist you with several different divorce-related matters:
- Divorce – our Laporte divorce attorneys can help you navigate the legal matters in your divorce, from understanding the particulars of Colorado divorce laws to representing your best interests during negotiations.
- Alimony / Maintenance – No matter if you are the recipient of alimony, or have the obligation to pay, our divorce lawyers in Laporte can help you negotiate the duration and amount of these payments.
- Child Custody – Child custody can be one of the more contentious areas of family law. The courts will use a variety of factors to come to a conclusion about what custody arrangement would be in the best interests of the child. It is important to have an attorney on your side during proceedings to protect your parental rights.
- Child Support – Child support in Colorado is established using a strict formula that applies in most cases. We encourage you to calculate it using our free online calculator.
- Division of Assets – Colorado is an equitable distribution state, which is not the same as equal. Our legal team can help you understand the difference between the two, and fight for a fair outcome for you in your case.
- Domestic Violence – We encourage you to talk openly to your divorce lawyer in Laporte about this issue.
- Mediation – This process involves sitting down during a formal proceeding with your former spouse and negotiating a final divorce settlement with the help of your attorney.
- Prenup – if you’re about to get married, the lawyers at Divorce Matters® can explain the benefits of a prenuptial agreement and draft it to protect you in case of a future separation.
Divorce Matters® – Laporte Family Law With an Empathetic Approach
No matter who initiated the process, or if you wanted to end up here or not, divorce is a difficult and often painful process. The legal team at Divorce Matters® understands the gravity of your experience. We are here to ease the burden of divorce by taking on the legal process for you, so you can focus on building a brighter future.
More Divorce Matters Service Areas
Divorce Matters also serves the following counties and cities: