There are some couples that you expect to stay together until the end of time. Lucy and Ricky, Mickey and Minnie, Charlie Kelly and Frank Reynolds (hey, they had a domestic partnership once). Which is why our worlds and childhoods were shattered when ABC announced the dissolution of a perfect celebrity couple ”“ Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.
Miss Piggy utilized social media on August 4 to announce that the timeless partnership had come to an end. She had this to say:
“After careful thought, thoughtful consideration and considerable squabbling, Kermit the Frog and moi have made the difficult decision to terminate our romantic relationship. We will continue to work together on television (“The Muppets”/Tuesdays 8pm this fall on ABC) and in all media now know or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, throughout the universe. However, our personal lives are now distinct and separate, and we will be seeing other people, pigs, frogs, et. al. This is our only comment on this private matter”¦unless we get the right offer. Thank you for your understanding.”
How to Deal with an Ex If You Work Together
Working with an ex, especially after a divorce, can be difficult. Here are some tips to keep your business and personal lives separate:
- Stay busy. Keep paperwork on your desk, make phone calls, listen to music.
- Don’t trash talk your ex, even if he or she isn’t around. Word travels fast in the office, and the last thing you want is to be the subject of hate-based gossip.
- Get out of town! Take a vacation””it will do wonders for your health and stress levels.
- Be patient. The world moves on, even though you and your ex aren’t together.
- Don’t flirt with your other coworkers. It’ll just make things worse. And can you imagine having TWO exes mad at you in the office? Talk about a hostile work environment!
Contact a Divorce Attorney for Help Today
The team at Divorce Matters has years of experience helping all kinds of couples with their divorce and family law needs. Call a Denver Divorce attorney today to get started with your case!