Centennial Divorce Lawyer
An experienced, professional Centennial, CO divorce lawyer can help ease the pains of divorce by ensuring that you come out on top of any potential disputes with your spouse regarding property division, custody, or support. We understand that divorce is an incredibly taxing time in everyone’s life, but by working with an attorney, you can help reduce future stressors such as financial issues and missed custody opportunities. Call a lawyer with the Centennial Divorce Matters® law firm today.
Centennial Division of Property
Dividing marital property is often a point of contention, and rightly so. If you were the primary bread winner, you may worry that your hard-earned assets are up for grabs by your spouse who did not pull his or her fair share. Conversely, you may have given up your own professional goals to support your spouse’s career and stay home with the kids. This selfless contribution should not go by unnoticed. Rest assured, Colorado courts divide assets fairly, though not necessarily split down the center evenly.
Determining Child Custody and Visitation
If you wish to be a big part of your child’s life, unfortunately you may have to fight tooth and nail to protect your parental rights. The fact is that five out of six custodial parents are mothers, not fathers, according to the U.S. Census. However, that does not mean that the father will not be given an equal opportunity to receive custody rights. Child custody is decided in favor of the child’s best interests. Usually, and in an ideal situation, that means joint legal custody–both parents have legal decision making abilities regarding their child. Other forms of child custody include sole legal custody, physical custody, split custody if you have multiple children that should be split up due to a potentially violent situation between the two, and visitation rights.
- Child Support – Child support is an invaluable form of monetary support for the child and their custodial parent. It is only fair that the noncustodial parent contribute to the wellbeing of their child. We help both custodial and noncustodial clients reach a fair amount.
- Spousal Support – Alimony, or spousal support, is a court-ordered payment to the lower earning spouse to help them during the duration of the divorce, pay for re-education, or if they are unlikely to be able to work in the future, support them until their death. Alimony orders are based on Colorado’s maintenance formula, which takes into account the length of the marriage, gross income, and many other factors.
Do Not Hesitate to Contact One of Our Centennial Divorce Attorneys Today
For all of your divorce questions and concerns, contact the Centennial divorce attorneys at Divorce Matters®. Regardless of your specific situation, an attorney can help ensure that you leave this marriage with your fair share of the property, child support, and a fair custody decision.
Divorce Matters® represents clients throughout Metro Denver and the Front Range including: Arapahoe County, Aurora, Boulder, Bow Mar, Castle Pines, Castle Rock, Centennial, Douglas County, Englewood, Cherry Hills Village, Denver, Greenwood Village, Jefferson County, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Lone Tree, Louisville, and Parker.
Call Divorce Matters® today at (720) 542-6142 to schedule an appointment with an attorney.
Contact Us Today
Why not start exploring your options? Call us at 720.542.6142 to schedule your consultation with one of our experienced Denver divorce attorneys today.
Our highly-accomplished divorce and family law attorneys practice throughout Colorado, including:
- Adams County (Arvada, Aurora, Brighton, Thornton, Westminster)
- Arapahoe County ( Aurora, Centennial, Cherry Hills Village, Englewood, Greenwood Village, Littleton)
- Boulder County (Boulder, Longmont)
- Broomfield County (Broomfield)
- Denver County (Denver)
- Douglas County (Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Parker)
- Elbert County (Elizabeth, Kiowa)
- Jefferson County (Arvada, Golden, Lakewood, Morrison, Wheat Ridge)
- Larimer County ( Fort Collins, Loveland)