Attorney Douglas A. Thomas
As a founder of Divorce Matters®, my team of attorneys works with families in Colorado to help them achieve optimal outcomes in the highly emotional, individual, and sensitive area of family law, particularly divorce, child custody, and child support.
Divorce in Colorado is difficult – once a divorce proceeding enters the court process, the system brings complex schedules, filing deadlines, and legal challenges that can frustrate even the most diligent and attentive individual.
And while our courts allow divorce without legal representation, we believe people facing this emotionally difficult experience need the legal strength and trusted advice an experienced attorney can bring – at a price that allows every day people access to legal representation.
When decisions you make today about your transitioning family will impact you and your children for a lifetime, turn to my team at Divorce Matters® for strength and confidence. We can help you chart a course to resolution that reflects your financial situation while preserving your rights and protecting your future.
More About Doug
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS
- Colorado Bar Association
- Arapahoe County Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute – Member
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Mr. Thomas has been a frequent speaker at the Colorado Defense Lawyers Association and numerous Continuing Legal Education seminars.
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- J.D., University of Denver, 1993
- B.A., New Mexico Highlands University, magna cum laude, 1989
Contact Us Today
Why not start exploring your options? Call us at 720.542.6142 to schedule your consultation with one of our experienced Denver divorce attorneys today.
Our highly-accomplished divorce and family law attorneys practice throughout Colorado, including:
- Adams County (Arvada, Aurora, Brighton, Thornton, Westminster)
- Arapahoe County ( Aurora, Centennial, Cherry Hills Village, Englewood, Greenwood Village, Littleton)
- Boulder County (Boulder, Longmont)
- Broomfield County (Broomfield)
- Denver County (Denver)
- Douglas County (Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Parker)
- Elbert County (Elizabeth, Kiowa)
- Jefferson County (Arvada, Golden, Lakewood, Morrison, Wheat Ridge)
- Larimer County ( Fort Collins, Loveland)
Words From Our Clients
I appreciated that not only did Will know law like I know my colors, but he was a counselor as well and guided me through the process. I was nervous many times but was able to fully out my trust in what he was doing and I couldn't be happier. I will continue to refer people to him as o hear of those needing assistance.
Going through a challenging divorce is hell, your team had my back and represented me with a solid council. I have my daughters and got to stay in Colorado with them. I cannot thank you enough.
Keep doing what you doing; your firm rocks!