Divorce Matters is pleased to offer our 3rd Annual Divorce Matters Scholarship.
This scholarship is available to high school seniors and current college students who are Colorado residents or plan on attending a Colorado school that have been personally affected by a divorce. At our law firm, we know life gets complicated and that divorce is sometimes necessary. Our goal is to help students affected by divorce afford a better education.
Award + Deadlines
- The scholarship is a one-time award of $2,500
- All applications must be received by 11:59pm MST on June 30th, 2020
- A winner will be announced on July 31st 2020
- Funds will be sent directly to the school you will be attending.
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
You are eligible to be considered for the scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- You have personally been affected by a divorce.
- You will be attending an accredited 4-year college/university or a 2-year community college for Fall 2020.
- You have a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- A current transcript MUST be submitted for consideration.
- You must submit a 500-word essay explaining answering the following question: Divorce ushers in a time of change in everyone's lives who are affected by it. How did divorce affect you from your perspective and did your perspective on how it affected you change over time?
- Employees of Divorce Matters and their direct family members are not eligible to apply.
*Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application for consideration.
**Additional weight will be given to applications from students who are Colorado residents, or who are planning on attending a Colorado school.