Divorce Matters Scholarship
Divorce Matters is pleased to offer our 4th Annual Divorce Matters Scholarship
This scholarship is available to high school seniors and current college students who are Colorado residents or plan on attending a Colorado school that have been personally affected by a divorce. At our law firm, we know life gets complicated and that divorce is sometimes necessary. Our goal is to help students affected by divorce afford a better education.
Award + Deadlines
- The scholarship is a one-time award of $2,500.
- All applications must be received by 11:59pm MST on May 31, 2021.
- A winner will be announced on July 30, 2021.
- Funds will be sent directly to the school you will be attending.
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
You are eligible to be considered for the scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- You have personally been affected by a divorce.
- You will be attending an accredited 4-year college/university or a 2-year community college for Fall 2021.
- You have a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- A current transcript MUST be submitted for consideration.
- You must submit a 500-word essay explaining answering the following question:
- Divorce is often painful and difficult for everyone who is affected, including those getting divorced and their families. If divorce has touched your life, what was the toughest part to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
- Employees of Divorce Matters and their direct family members are not eligible to apply.
*Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application for consideration.
*Additional weight will be given to applications from students who are Colorado residents, or who are planning on attending a Colorado school.