Child Support Termination Lawyers In Denver
Top-rated Denver divorce attorneys, where clients matter most.
In Colorado child support terminates automatically, without the need to file a motion to terminate support, upon the last or only child reaching 19 years of age. However, the following circumstances are an exception to the general rule:
- The child is mentally or physically disabled.
- The chid is in high school, or an equivalent program, in which case support continues until the end of the month following graduation.
- The child marries before turning 19.
- The child enters active duty military before turning 19.
Property, Assets, Debt & More
It is important to note that the child support terminating automatically is only for the last child reaching the age of 19. If there are still younger children of the relationship for whom support is being paid, the obligor cannot unilaterally stop, or even modify the support. The obligor must file a motion with the court to modify child support based on a child’s emancipation and there being fewer children to support.
Get the best outcomes for your divorce by tapping into our years of family law experience.
Free maintenance & child support calculator. Download our app for free here.
Save more money and get the best outcome by bringing on an attorney now. Start now.
Contact Us Today
Why not start exploring your options? Call us at 720.542.6142 to schedule your consultation with one of our experienced Denver divorce attorneys today.
Our highly-accomplished divorce and family law attorneys practice throughout Colorado, including:
- Adams County (Arvada, Aurora, Brighton, Thornton, Westminster)
- Arapahoe County ( Aurora, Centennial, Cherry Hills Village, Englewood, Greenwood Village, Littleton)
- Boulder County (Boulder, Longmont)
- Broomfield County (Broomfield)
- Denver County (Denver)
- Douglas County (Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Parker)
- El Paso County (Colorado Springs)
- Elbert County (Elizabeth, Kiowa)
- Jefferson County (Arvada, Golden, Lakewood, Morrison, Wheat Ridge)
- Larimer County ( Fort Collins, Loveland)
Words From Our Clients
I appreciated that not only did Will know law like I know my colors, but he was a counselor as well and guided me through the process. I was nervous many times but was able to fully out my trust in what he was doing and I couldn't be happier. I will continue to refer people to him as o hear of those needing assistance.
Going through a challenging divorce is hell, your team had my back and represented me with a solid council. I have my daughters and got to stay in Colorado with them. I cannot thank you enough.
Keep doing what you doing; your firm rocks!
Click To Read More Reviews